Monday, February 1, 2016

Craftin Desert Divas - February Linky Party - Hearts



Hello friends! The theme for this Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas is "Hearts"! We would love to see all of your projects that fit this theme! So go ahead and craft it and link it up on the

Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly Linky Party over 
at the CDD blog. We hope you will share your projects with us! And don't forget 
about  the prizes! Every Linky Party will have a winner and a Top 3! 
The more times you link up...the more chances you have to win!!

Our Sponsors for this Linky Party are:

One 4"x 6" stamp set
One Digi Stamp of choice


$25 Gift Card (Regular Priced Items)

Here is what I made..


I first made a template from Heart of Heart Dies by cutting it from a thick cardstock.  I then mixed various of distress inks (in this case rainbow colors) to white texture pastes.  I put the template on top of acetate sheet and then used palette knife to spread the colored pasted onto it in rainbow colors order. 
Then left it aside to dry.  

Here is the closer look


From the leftover colored pastes I used them on a stencils for my hedgehogs' ground and left it aside to dry too.  I wanted to utilize all the pastes that I have left so I split some water over the pastes and created my watercolor panel.

Here is how the stencil piece and watercolor background look like


I stamped the lovely hedghogs twice from Lovies stamp set onto white card stock.  I then colored them in various copic markers and fussy cut them out.  I also cut twice the Grass Die from Outdoor Landscape Dies from green cardstock to decorate my scene.  

To prepare my cardbase (size : 4 1/4" x 11"), at the long side, I scored at 5", 5 1/2" and 6".  I folded all the scored lines into mountain fold and temporary adhered them together. I then cut out just a hair at the top for slotting my acetate sheet in and adhered both sides, back and front, with score tape.  Then I started to decorate both sides with my grass die cut pieces and then the hedgehogs at the center.  I then stamped my sentiment and I called it done!

 And here is how it look when the card is fully opened.
And it can be viewed from both sides.


Thank you for stopping by and have a pleasent day!

Here are all the CDD products I used:

Lovies
Heart of Heart

Outdoor Landscape





2 comments: